- Just Cause eviction ordinance : -
- Rent Control/Stabilization : -
- Rent review boards and/or mediation : -
- Mobile Home Rent Control : -
- SRO (Single-Room Occupancy) Preservation : -
- Condominium conversion regulations : -
- Density bonus ordinance (greater than state) : -
- Inclusionary zoning/housing (Below Market Rate Housing) : -
- Jobs-Housing Linkage Fee or Affordable Housing Impact/Linkage Fee : -
- Commercial linkage fee : -
- Foreclosure assistance : -
- Community land trusts : -
- Housing trust fund : -
- First Source Hiring Ordinances : -
Glossary of Policies
Glossary of Anti-Displacement Policies
Key Research Findings
- While there are a wide range of anti-displacement policies and strategies in Los Angeles County, their coverage is fragmented and implementation are not equitably distributed across jurisdictions.
- 40% of the jurisdictions do not have any anti-displacement policies in place, and about 30% have only one policy.
- The most commonly found policy are condominium conversion regulations (adopted by 27 jurisdictions or 30% of all jurisdictions).
- Some of these policies are not being implemented. For example, advocates have complained that in the past condo conversion regulations on the books in the City of Los Angeles are not being implemented.
- The count of the policies by jurisdiction demonstrates a meaningful disparity when compared to jurisdictions in the Bay Area. Los Angeles has relatively fewer anti-displacement policies and strategies than the Bay Area.
- The vast majority of jurisdictions in Los Angeles County do not have any renter protection measures (such as rent stabilization). Only 37% of the units in the County have any sort of rent stabilization coverage.
- The number of policies is not indicative of the strength, quality, or effectiveness of a jurisdiction’s overall anti-displacement policy program. This research does not examine the actual language contained in any policies and it is not inclusive of all anti-displacement policies. Further, inclusion in the inventory does not convey any findings of effectiveness or quality of policy impact or implementation.